Old 04-03-09, 10:01 AM   #15
denis_469
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by keltos01 View Post
Denis,

do you have any more information regarding the sub in your picture ?

Does the photo date back to WWII ?

Where and how did you get it ?

do you have a higher resolution scan of that photo ? there are 2 sailors visible I think on the aft starboard side.

keltos

Answers:
Foto this submarine is near all what I have. Alsa know that it japan submarine abd have 2 305mm guns.

Verification that it foto made during WWII I can not made. During I himself know about submarines, I can say that it submarine was building between WWI and WWII, so during WWI sich submarines can not building. It was techical impossible. After WWII from all submarines guns was delete. So submarine in foto was building after WWI and before end WWII.

I receive this foto from one american man in 1999 year with other materials about unidentifikied few other german and japan submarines from USN during WWII. For example 1 US destroyer during DC attack submarine rise from water wrecks from attacking submarine what she domding DC. Or other when near Alaska other US destroyer DC other japan submarine and see she hull rise from water after explosions DC and after it down into water. All knowlege japan submarine not was in place in time attack DC.

I have not more resolution this foto. Simple - it's single foto what I have to this japan submarine.

If interesting more about unidentified submarines...
http://sovpl.forum24.ru/?1-4-0-00000...0-0-1238431092

It's what I researche work.
But near all text in russian.

Last edited by denis_469; 04-03-09 at 10:36 AM.
denis_469 is offline   Reply With Quote