View Single Post
Old 12-09-09, 04:56 AM   #176
frinik
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Kursk Mod

Wow Zee Wolfe! Congratulations for the outstanding work! Considering that you were alone with God( it must have been Ares/Mars the God of battle who was by your side) doing all the modding and resurrecting single-handedly a game that was left for dead is nothing short of a miracle!

I have spread the Good Word on other fora( Panzer Elite, the French-speaking forum of simulations and the Steel Fury one) and I seem to have generated interest.Tank SIM fans are excited and more than willing to reward you financially( that includes me) and otherwise for your efforts.

Before I ask you a few questions which have been fielded to me, I have a few wishes or rather hopes of my own about your upcoming New Reborn T vs T:

1) Game immersion(i.e battlefield atmosphere) one the many drawbacks of the old T vs T was the lack of of battlefield immersion( you felt that you were alone fighting in your tank ) compared to a SIM graphically a step behind like Steel Fury but which offered you that authentic feeling tha you were in war( rattling of machine guns, infantrymen shouting, explosions, shells crashing, artillery booming etc. Can we expect that this problem has been addressed in your game?

2) Variety of terrain/landscapes; while T vs T is graphically very attractive the terrain tends to be monotonous and repetitive.Just compare it to Panzer Elite with its variety of conditions, Winter in the Soviet Union, Desert fighting in Tunisia, the rugged Italian landscapes and villages, the Normandy bocage and hills etc and even Steel Fury gives you variety of Ukrainian landscapes which give flavour to the game.Can we expect a bit more variety with the new T vs T?

3)Special effects(ballistic and otherwise); again compared to Panzer Elite with its 10 years of improvement on all aspects and Steel Fury with its terrific graphic and realistic ballistics can we expect a similar improvement in your game?

Lastly, I just want to ask a few more practical questions which address the fears or concerns of interested fans.

The legal aspect.The defunct Lighthouse which had the exclusive rights to the English release of T vs T probably passed the rights to creditors etc. While I expect that the creditors would be delighted that the game is reborn and that your Kursk mod would actually result in a resurging interest in the game and make people buy it, nevertheless are you reasonably assured that they would not try to stop you from releasing your project or force you to stop the release and all subsequent mods, addons and patches that you have in mind?

Also for fans who have versions of T vs T in languages other than English;i.e. German, French or Russian are they going to be able to install your sequel/mod onto thewir version of the game?

My last question would be how do you expect to release the game? Online?How would people pay you?Will you offer technical support with installation and a user manual?

Best wishes for your exciting plan!And kudos!

Frinik
frinik is offline   Reply With Quote