View Single Post
Old 03-24-20, 11:49 PM   #6
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Downloads: 115
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pancoast View Post
Oh, and another thing. It is GREAT that you're back.

But be careful not to go down that rabbit hole of answering GWX questions/helping, etc. that I would think would burn a person out quickly.

Don't want you leaving again, at least not for that reason.

But until then, you can answer my question.......
No worries. If I start to feel the heat, I'll just point my new Super Duper GWX Microwave LRAD at you and cook your hair off.

In all seriousness, I'm not going to thrash my engines to death the way I did before. I think that we can certainly hang out in the same lounge so to speak, because we are both trying to get to 'realism' in the ways that we can. Different roads and aptitudes? Sure. Same essential destination? Absolutely. For my two cents, I place equal importance on the appearance of objects in-game, as I see it all as the same search for realism. If someone wants a purple Seahund with rainbow sparkles.... That's fine. I'm cool with that.... but I think that is the lounge a little ways down the street.

I didn't mean to sound as if I was thumping my chest either. Don't get me wrong. I am proud of what I did, and all those days where Jimbuna only let me have bread and water, because it seems to have benefited many.

Visual sensors on the other hand, simply don't leave any of us with enough string to tie our boots. You can set their height, angles, and arcs, but it is crazy hard to set their sensitivity into a graduated effect for daytime and nighttime both.

www.thegreywolves.com
All you need is good men. - Heinrich Lehmann-Willenbrock
Kpt. Lehmann is offline   Reply With Quote