Old 10-05-20, 06:17 AM   #30
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
They have indeed.

I couldn't help thinking on some of Skybird's comment on Turkey, Erdogan and the ottoman empire, when I read the link posted in my last post.

Markus
Its not just the revisionist nationalistic ottoman claim for lost empire and glory, but also Islam's claim that anything and everything it ever hasput its foot upon shall be forever its own, forever and ever, thats why Erdoghan imply the olc claim for the Territorues in Quroe that once were conquered by the Muslim invasions of the past, right down to spain and the centre of France, Vienna anyway. Many in the West make the mistake of wanting to draw Erdoghan just as a powerhungry nationalist and autocrat, so that Islam must not be thought about and can be continued to be glosse dover and painted nicely. They forget, or better they ignore (since they never cared to notice it in the first) that the AKP and the whole movement and cult around Erdoghan started on and was and is focussing on the religious relevance of it all, too. You cannot separate Turkish nationalism from devout religious conservatism.And in Islam, policy and sociology and religion is one and the same anyway, another important detail that Westerners all too often stubbornly refuse to take note of. Our Wetsern constitutions are not prepared fr that, since they differ between all that. This way, Islam claims untouchability for its political agendas by claiming protection of religion. Any Western player accepting this, necessarily strangles himself.