View Single Post
Old 08-07-20, 10:38 AM   #56
DrJester
Watch

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
There again, that could be a mod conflict with the torps passing through. Remove the Upscaling Textures and try that Submarine School mission again. I get detonations fine in my set-up, I just have a more difficult time sinking ships, probably doubling the amount of torpedoes needed. I have a TestCareer mod that I use to "salt" my Patrol results (for FotRSU testing), and there seems to be a little something "off" in it, but I still get detonations with it, though nothing will sink. I used a whole Salmon Class boatload of torpedoes on a single merchant, and while I did manage to kill the engines, and set it all afire, it never did sink. When I removed that TestCareer mod, ships sank again, though more slowly than "normal" - which is NOT unrealistic. However, like I mention, I am shot at almost immediately by every weapon a ship has available, and at about twice their normal reaction time to the actual firing... which again, might just be the interaction with FotRSU. As for your non-detonating mag trigger torp, that would be just like the impact triggers, in that there was no "collision" detected, hence no detonation. I have not tested the Pre-Pearl mod, so I do not know if there are any changes that might affect FotRSU...

Yesterday was absolutely busy for me, today promises to be the same... ahhh real life, getting in the middle of my fun! Hence the delay in replying to you guys.

Anyway, I read here, in multiple posts that the AI seems to be affected by the colors in the sky. Since I touched the colors a bit(more vibrant), maybe this could be it. Try deleting the ENV folder(I'm away from my pc right now, but it is the one with a few .dat files) and see if that does anything in regards to the AI.

Again, thank you to everyone testing this mod, you guys are my favorite guinea pigs... errmmm test subjects... ermmm... people!