View Single Post
Old 02-22-19, 12:52 AM   #2300
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eichhörnchen View Post
and I remember from before that you took exception to my use of this word "bloody"... so if this is the nub of what you consider "nasty" then we've covered that already: it's a UK colloquialism often used informally to emphasise a point... not always & only as a swear-word.
When? I never thought about it one way or another, and never really cared. Most Americans don't have a clue about the word. I remember one complaint a very long time ago - before I even knew who you were - saying that it is a 'bad' word, but it's not on our list and I still don't care, so no, that's not why I brought it up. Mainly what got me was the open hostility I thought I was seeing. As I said, if not for that I never would have replied in the first place.

Quote:
I agree that it was agenda-driven... my agenda was to counter another, finger-wagging and lecturing agenda
Fair enough, and citing examples ad infinitum is fine with me. My complaint was how one-sided your examples were. It looked like a lot of anger and rage to me. Maybe I'm wrong, but I respond to what I see, or to what I think I see. Either way, I'm done. You win.