View Single Post
Old 06-17-16, 08:54 AM   #5
troopie
Captain

Downloads: 33
Uploads: 0

Sorry mate;

I took your first post as being a little condescending, however, having read your current post I now understand why you'd be a little jaded and why you took my post with a pinch of salt. All good and I appreciate your time (you did take the time to reply after all ).

I was judging by your join date when I mentioned the 3GB switch, my bad. When SH4 and 5 came out and people were running Vista there was a prob with the amount of RAM that windows would allow a program to use, I'm going from (poor) memory here but I believe Vista wouldn't allow a program to use more than 2GB RAM (in the day that was heaps). The 3GB switch upped that to 3GB but took the extra GB off vista.

I just assumed you'd pick up on that; my bad again. SH4 ran fine but for me SH5 wouldn't load all of the GUI and so I couldn't run it. At the time I had 6GB of DDR2. The 3GB switch for RAM, made through DOS, imediately fixed this for me and has been in place ever since. It does seem to hurt Windows performance but it was a fair trade-off.

Quote:
The first thing that pops out of your description is the fact you use Vista, and because its outdated and no longer supported.. I think it may be one of the first areas to check into.
That's what I thought, thus why I didn't launch into spec details.

Last edited by troopie; 06-17-16 at 09:12 AM. Reason: sorry mate
troopie is offline   Reply With Quote