shoiga
Helmsman

Downloads: 838
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by razark View Post
Are you using JSGME?

If so:
Look in your MODS folder. You should have a folder called "<mod to install>".* Look in that folder. It should contain a folder called "Data", and possibly a folder for documentation.

So, this is what you want:
Code:
SH4                  THIS IS THE CORRECT WAY
  |
  ->MODS
      |
      -><mod to install>
           |
           ->Data
Depending on how you unpacked the mod, you may find that inside the "<mod to install>" folder, you have a folder called "<mod to install>". Inside this folder you will find the "Data" folder.

Like so:
Code:
SH4                  THIS IS THE WRONG WAY
  |
  ->MODS
      |
      -><mod to install>
           |
           -><mod to install>
                 |
                 ->Data
In this case, run JSGME and disable <mod to install>. Rename the first "<mod to install>" folder to "<something>".* Drag the "<mod to install>" to the "MODS" folder, delete the "<something>" folder. Run JSGME and enable <mod to install>.

Also, Windows assumes that you are a complete idiot. Unless you are running as the administrator account, you are blocked from making changes to files in the "Program Files" directory. I would suggest installing SH4 in a different directory, for example, "C:\Ubisoft\SH4". This will prevent any problems. If you don't feel like re-installing, either use the administrator account (bad idea) or run JSGME as administrator. I don't remember off the top of my head how to arrange that.**

*The value of <mod to install> may vary. The value of <something> will vary, it doesn't matter, I actually just hit random keys. You're just going to delete it anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

**Input of author included at least four shots of bourbon and a beer or two. Check instructions for sanity before using. Author claims no responsibility for whatever you may do to your computer.***

***Always make backups before making major changes to anything.

Thx for reply

I use JSGME, but I cannot find "mod to install folder"
shoiga is offline   Reply With Quote