View Single Post
Old 06-26-20, 07:45 PM   #299
Texas Red
Fastest Gun Around

Downloads: 527
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
Between my October post and this update, I have been successfully streaming Hulu and Netflix, pretty much as often as I wished, using Visible's $40 a month unlimited. It has been terrific! But ...

Massive changes at Rancho Subsim:

Bought a house with fiber access, 350MBS download speeds and no more data cap.

Cancelled Visible service

Switched mobile to Verizon prepaid, 15GB data cap at $40 a month.
https://www.businessinsider.com/veri...cribers-2020-6

Success at last!

We tried for a year to get Xfinity to come out and make a line out here in the Suburban countryside. We had a Verizon Jetpack that had 15gb of unlimited data and guess how fast that went out when I was playing my games? less than a day And the more gigs you used, the slower the speed got. Literally, in two weeks, we would have 35 kb/s download speed AT MAX. We would get more 15gb data after a month had passed.

Then, Xfinity came out with fiber internet out here in May, after using Verizon for about a year and I could download SH5 in two minutes, with the max speed capping off at around 500 Mb/s. The Xfinity speed test says that we get nearly 1gb max speed, which is insane.

I understand how grueling it must've been for you to have the slowest internet ever. Life felt so slow back in those days, especially when I had to do online learning for school.

Good hunting! Give those tommies hell!

I'm not very active on the forums anymore. If you have a question, please DM me and I'll respond ASAP!
Texas Red is offline   Reply With Quote