View Single Post
Old 03-15-23, 04:00 PM   #297
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

We already live in a money-free society, Markus. Nowhere in the world people pay with money. Which is the problem.

What we have is currency units - not money. And currency units are nothing more than counting aids.

Think you have a pear that I want and that you do not like, and I offer you an apple in exchange for your pear. You give me your pear, and I give you a piece of paper which reads "1 apple". Would you think you made a good deal?

This way already started during the Napoleonic wars when Britain was practically bancrupt. Businessmen came together, lend - real, silver and goild-based - money to the crown, and ironically called themselves the bank of England for that, but 30, 40 years it was no joke anymore, but reality: an established, state-promoted fraudulent scheme. The crown collected and kept silver and gold, and handed out paper leaflets called bank notes. It continued in the American civil war when on both sides they sometimes could not pay their regiments' men with silverdollar anymore, and instead paid them with promissory notes for silver (which never got redeemed, of course). At that time there were over half a dozen silver dollars from private mints in circulation! One dollar of silver is one dollar of silver, no matter who mints it into a coin. The word "Dollar" comes from "Thaler","Taler", a Taler was a quantum unit, like karat, grams, ounces.

https://mises.org/library/monetary-breakdown-west

States and central banks are formidable forms of organised crime, plain and simple. The purpose of central banks is to prevent real money.

One ounce of gold currently buys and sells for around 1750-1900 Euros (in Germany, Dollar-Euro exchnage rates already considered). When I keep my oune of gold for thirty years and somebody else keeps his bundle of banknotes worth 1800 Euro, I know who of us two holds the better value in his hand in thrioty yeares form now on. As loing as the gansgter in the government have not annopucned a new gold prophibiiton and went on a plundering tour against the people again. I will still be able to get what you get for 31.1 grams of gold then, but he will not get in thirty years for his 1800 Euro what he may have gotten in our current present. That much is certain.

The key businesses the state has his hands in, are wars, blackm ailing protexciton money, and expropritation. The tools for these three purposes are called moral mission, taxes, and inflation. And inflation you can only have with paper currencies - not with real money.

Last edited by Skybird; 03-15-23 at 04:24 PM.
Skybird is online   Reply With Quote