Orion2012
Commodore

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruger
Too bad. It's the only supermod that I play, and I like it very much for it's usability (especially the SH3'ish like keyboard layout).

I can only hope that someone will take Ducimus's work further.
My goal is to get the soul of TMO into RFB in three ways:

TMOkeys - a plug-in that gives you the magnificent TMO keyboard layout in any game configuration without nerfing any other item. This means that I use the TMO keyboard layout in RFB already!

TMO Plot V1.0 - another plug-in that imports the complete TMO plotting system into RFB, or any other game configuration without conflicting with any other features. V1.0 isn't perfect. V2.0, in testing, should be there.

TMOai - a future plug-in to establish TMO enemy AI into RFB or any other game configuration. This will be the final piece that allows you to import the incredible TMO experience into RFB or stock games.

Much of TMO already lives in RFB, the sub interior, clickable alarms, fore and aft cycling of tubes... Ducimus spent untold hours helping the RFB crew get up to speed on whatever he had to offer and actually installing into the RFB submarine.

If there are other TMO features that you think need to be ported, PM me and let me know. Our next project, TMOai will be a bear, but I think it's necessary to recreate TMO elsewhere.
Don't forget Duci graciously granting RFB permission to basically pilage and plunder TMO. I think that doing the TMOai will be a bear, but well worth the effort.

RR, do you think plucking the visual sensor from TMO would be worth while? I have the utmost respect for those who have done the current RFB visual sensors, but don't like some of the side-effects.

Then again doing so may cause irregualirites with other parts of RFB.