View Single Post
Old 02-12-22, 12:16 PM   #525
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes View Post
It come very close to comfort... but no hit.

Indeed, manage to get the speed right, so 3 hits with my bow tubes, one merchant dead in the water (latter sink). I was already turning to use the aft tubes and with them, manage also 2 hits in another ship, then I escaped, since they were already shooting at me.

I did a parallel course with convoy, when reloading, the ships did do such zig zags, and cutting the other ship route, almost like dui...
I attacked again, after a few hours, the zig zag was more slower and manage to sink another ship, miss my type 18 torpedos again.

After the yellow sea with out any ships besides a junk ship, COMSUBPAC send me to area 7, but to avoid Bungo...

Well done

What month/day are you? Your misses with MK 18 may be due to torpedo malfunctions if before Jan 1 1944. The initial MK 18's had a lot of problems, not so much with duds as they used a different exploder (MK 8) which had no exploder issues, but did have depth control issues, as well as gyro and battery issues, quite a few "cold shots" where the fish was ejected from the tube but batteries did not provide the power required for the run. Of course circular runs were a problem as well.

In TMO the MK 18 has a high chance to malfunction until Jan 1 1944. This simulates the introduction of the refined model after initial introduction in mid 1943.

MK 18 maintains a higher probability of circular ran throughout the war, as the real life torpedo did, but low chance of running deeper than set.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote