View Single Post
Old 02-05-22, 04:27 PM   #507
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes View Post
I need help. I can not complete a harbour photo mission.

In my current patrol, I already done one and Comsubpac send me to another one.

Normally there is one unit that when taking the photo, triggers the mission complete status. This time, no. I have 3 ships and a landed hydroplane (thought that was the unit), but locking the periscope to each one the units, id and taking a picture, there is no complete status.

Stock game bug? Or form this mod? And besides that, any advice to complete the mission?

Or I just go beserk, surface the boat and decide to go all in, guns and torpedoes blazing?

Yes, definitely do not do that lol.

I was unable to update/fix patrol objectives in the first release, so unfortunately many of the stock/old TMO photo missions which had bugs were left in. In the soon to be released V 2.0, I have added about 30 new patrol objectives, and revamped a lot of the existing ones, especially the special missions, such as photo recon. No more generic, hollywood-esque missions. I've also worked to make sure this bug is solved, so far, so good.

For your current situation, I would just stop, write it off as one of those unable to achieve that command gave you (think June 1942 after Midway, when Nautilus was sent off coast and Honshu and supposed to bombard the Emperor's Summer Palace, got there and found it was not really doable, ended up patrolling and sinking the destroyer Yamakaze instead, proceeding one of the wars best known submarine photographs, and the first combat photograph taken through a US submarine periscope.)

Yes, I'd scrap the photo recon, go find some ships to sink.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote