Old 06-19-21, 08:40 PM   #54
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

26 December 1941
Waiting for the hammer

Hawaiian Island Chain
Pretty uneventful actually. My recon aircraft dropped a few bombs, and CAP took a few of them down.

Dutch East Indies
A task force evacuating base forces from the Phillipines ran into a 2C 4DD SAG that wasn't all that interested in engaging it. I'm guessing it was a retiring bombardment task force. One AKL took 2 hits before they broke off.

The baby KB raided Koepang again, losing a Kate to defending Buffalos.

The ASW task force working Sumatra finally made an effective depth charge attack on a Jap sub. The destroyer skipper is claiming a kill, this is the first such report I believe.

An enemy CA and DD found a PT squadron adrift, trying to escape Manado without any fuel to do so. All 6 PTs were sunk.

Philippines
USS Shark torpedoed an Aden class cargo ship in the Luzon strait.
The troops at Manila attacked and wrecked the fortifications. Manila could fall as early as tomorrow.
My brigade of troops that had been bypassed in southern Luzon retook the area is Manila-raiding troops landed in without resistance, capturing 1000 supplies. Not much, considering. They'll try to joint the fight for Manila if they can get there in time.

Raids over Clark claimed 3 P-40s.

Malaya
He pushed enough troops into Johore Baru to make an attack. He didn't capture it, but he wrecked the forts and should take it tomorrow. We lost 3 Wirraways and a Buffalo trying to support the troops below.

Elsewhere
-USS Stingray seemed to go through its entire stores of torpedoes and gun rounds attacking a troop-carrying Husimi-class cargo ship. It managed to get one Mk14 to detonate, plus 9 shell hits. Decent odds it sinks.
-Troops landed on Wake. IJN marines took heavy casualties, but it looks like they'll get it tomorrow.
-He made an opposed river crossing near Yenan, China at brigade strength. I had even numbers opposing; he took the worst of it.
-His invasion of Guam looks stalled until he can land reinforcements
-The battleship Ise is being reported as sunk again. And again, I doubt it--but--it's possible that it lost control of its flooding trying to get to Truk.