the Sea

SUBSIM
Welcome
Committee

Downloads: 98
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by u-969 View Post
I just bought Scharhorst, its April 1940 and it has the 380mm guns already on, but. there are no secondary side armaments??? or radar... there are just empty spaces where the side guns should be.

why, and how do i fix it?
I don't know for sure, (as I've never tested WM 3.0), but it's possible the mod is simulating real life conditions in-game. I do know other 'super mods' such as GWX do this (as in the recent case of a screen shot of Tirpitz without her main batteries in early 1940).

If this theory is correct, it would seem to fit Scharnhorst's historical situation at the time:

Quote:
Early on 9 April, the two ships encountered the British battlecruiser HMS Renown.... Half an hour later, Scharnhorst's navigator spotted gun flashes, though Renown was instead firing at Gneisenau; the Germans returned fire three minutes later. Gneisenau was hit twice in the opening portion of the engagement, and one shell disabled her rear gun turret. Scharnhorst's radar malfunctioned, which prevented her from being able to effectively engage Renown during the battle.

At 05:18, the British battlecruiser shifted fire to Scharnhorst, though the latter maneuvered to avoid the falling shells. By 07:15, Scharnhorst and Gneisenau had managed to use their superior speed to escape from the pursuing Renown. Heavy seas and the high speed with which the pair of battleships escaped caused them to ship large amounts of water forward. Scharnhorst's forward turret was put out of action by severe flooding.
Just a pet theory, but better than silence until someone who really knows the mod comes along.
Fish In The Water is offline   Reply With Quote