View Single Post
Old 07-07-20, 10:00 AM   #46
FPSchazly
Good Hunting!

Downloads: 15
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by maslas View Post
We also like the way DCS is distributed but keep in mind Eagle Dynamics before getting into the DCS series of products first sold LockOn with UBI later Flaming Cliffs as independent producer, then Black Shark, then A10 etc.

Essentially we are talking about an evolution of the same product that ended up on the DCS platform and the way it is distributed today.

My personal thought on this matter is that first we have to produce and sell the first MNW and may it becomes the DCS of the oceans on the years to come.

This is a good point. I had not considered the initial stages of that type of software release. Eagle Dynamics seems to have built up a base of capital prior to let DCS have a free base game. Then, I wouldn't advocate a free base game with the users paying only for additional modules if it meant microtransactions and ads and all that stuff to make a free base game feasible initially. Perhaps a hybrid between the DCS model and the traditional model - a (somewhat reduced) charge for the base game and then pay money for additional modules. Of course, I'm not here to tell you what the best financial model is for your game, I just find it a very interesting topic in terms of what it takes for sims to survive in this modern video game era.

My videos:
**Exclusive Look at Modern Naval Warfare!**
Dangerous Waters Liu Doctrine (LwAmi
Learn to play Dangerous Waters
FPSchazly is offline   Reply With Quote