clayton
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 179
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenonSurf View Post
@Veko,
@ Clayton,

tweaking the difficulty of TwoS is difficult and a balancing act. What I did is making the submarine more resistant without changing the weapon effectivness of enemy assets by incresing the Hitpoints of the R.S.D. mod. The IRAI part of WoS (and my personal modlist) only accounts for sensors, visual or mechanical sensors (hydrophones, Radar...) where you can lower or rise their effectiveness making the game easier or more difficult for you. I have now made an EASY and MEDIUM setting by changing the sensor range from its default 0.85-1.0 into:

Easy: 0.60-0.88
Medium: 0.75-0.95

I'm currently testing this.
For the R.S.D mod I have added a 'LESS DAMAGE' sub-mod which tweaks all hitpoints up to 200 to add 1/2 the difference to 200, and keep all values from 200 and above unchanged. The results are good but still the 'Regelzellen' get damaged too often, so I still need to tweak. I would like to have a more 'random' damage distribution when getting attacked, but that's impossible I think.

Eventually, when I see that it doesn't get too damn easy, I will release these mods as compatible TWoS mods so people can enjoy an easier TWoS game if they want. Currently there are some compatible mods for WoS not included in the package which adjust WoS in different parts, for example the mod 'Critical Hits' which gives you again a powerful deck gun, and other ones.

Essentially, I don't think that Realism and Expert difficulty should be the main part of WoS, SH5 should remain a game IMO, but it's the modmaker to decide and the players to mod if they don't like
And that's what I do. Besides, Clayton, you can load my modlist once it's free to download, it's not WoS but more oriented to a perfectly working vanilla game with many extra features. And there are other modlist proposals too in the SH5 forum.

Greetings,
XS
I look forward to your mod. Twos is an excellent mod, but I prefer historicity..
Let me know if you need someone to test it out for you.