View Single Post
Old 03-15-18, 08:42 AM   #5815
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Man View Post
Thanks CapnScurvy great work as usual! Would changing the torpedo loadout of a Tench class be difficult it's currently the loadout for a Gato/Balo and missing the four extra fish a Tench shipped?
Yes, we can do that.

===============

Regarding the Deck Gun.....I'll have to put a 3.50 stern mount onto all boats as a "default" gun. In other words, using an "Empty" slot for the subs will not work as I outlined. It's not for the Deck Gun use in the Campaign side of the game, this process will work quite well with it. But, its for the Single Missions side of the game. When you play a Single Mission you don't get a choice in picking Weapons or Sensors, it's either on the sub as default, or you don't get it. No ones going to like playing a Single Mission without a Deck Gun, so I've no choice but to add one to the subs inventory. You'll still be able to upgrade as the upgrades become available, and it should still put the gun where you want.

But, to be sure this points out one thing that most players don't realize. A simple request is not so simple. One change in one area, effects other things in other areas. The game engine works in ways that make the most obvious process a hardship in actually doing.

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote