Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 03-13-18, 05:10 PM   #5809
G Man
Seaman

Downloads: 146
Uploads: 0

I'm pretty sure the number one tube failure was a one off. All bow tubes were mk14s set to high speed and 10 feet. They'd been loaded for about 12 hours and all 6 outer doors were open for a 90 degree track angle zero gyro shot at a 15 knot troopship. I had a good solution and a range of 2500 yards on a dark night so I was on the surface. I intended to shoot a 3 torpedo salvo longitudinal spread. I tried to fire tube one as the bow passed the reticule and it failed to fire. I checked the tube door and tried to fire again another fail. I took another bearing ahead of the bow and tried again still no good so I cycled to number 2 tube and it fired fine. Tube 3 and 4 worked ok too and I got 2 out of 3 hits which was enough. So all indications were as they should have been and it wasn't finger trouble. As suggested I saved the game and tried it again and tube one worked perfectly that time. Too be honest I don't mine this because things go wrong for real and you just have to deal with it. Frustrating but that's life.
G Man is offline   Reply With Quote