View Single Post
Old 03-10-18, 09:19 PM   #5787
CapnScurvy
Admiral

Downloads: 474
Uploads: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by nionios View Post
If the Damage Control Team slots are filled then there's no room for the deck crew to hide in a situation of being depth charged.We know that deck crew is vulnerable to depth charges.That's why I leave these slots empty.When DDs detect and chase me I transfer all deck watch men to Damage Control slots.
I'll be looking to see just how many empty slots I can add to the Damage Control Team group. I may be able to add all Deck Weapon's and Deck Watch Crewmen to the existing group. I'll need to make a comparison between sub classes of just how many available slots are needed for each boat, at which times in their weapon type cycle. My image is of a Balao while using the default 1024x768 screen resolution:

Larger resolutions should provide a much larger "work space" for the extra empty slots.

===========

As a follow up on my Moon modeling, I noticed a couple of things that just didn't look right:

I didn't like the amount of moon "hallo" effect the Stock game provided....seemed too bright to me. Plus, since when does the top of the moon become hidden by the earths shadow during its several phases?? It became evident to me the stock game moon has things wrong with its rendering! It's turned 90 degrees to one side. Again, another stock game flaw that's only taken 11 years to figure out.

Here's what I've done:

It took no less than 40 different moon phase images to change to get this result. 30 for the actual image and its Alpha, another 15 for the hallo effect (which I made a bit darker while at it).

Seems to look a lot better now:

I will admit, the game seems to have the hardest part correct!?! As my mission test shows, its July 1, 1944. While looking up the moon phases for the Southern Hemisphere, this phase is accurate for the time period (there are web sites that will give you an entire calendar month of what the moon phase is). I don't know if they produced moon rise/set time accurately, but the phase is spot on...they just couldn't get the thing to sit up straight!

The HMS Shannon vs. USS Chesapeake outside Boston Harbor June 1, 1813

USS Chesapeake Captain James Lawrence lay mortally wounded...
Quote:
.."tell the men to fire faster, fight 'till she sinks,..boys don't give up the ship!"
CapnScurvy is offline   Reply With Quote