View Single Post
Old 09-13-19, 05:59 AM   #4
YellowFin
Engineer

Downloads: 56
Uploads: 0

I feel you Deadmode. SH3 is rather tricky to mod and therebster's signature holds a lot of information but his pointers are not very specific.

Personally I play with the LSH3 supermod geared towards maximum realism. I would really love to try some other mods but you have to accept the fact that some mods just are not compatible. Some combinations will break your game completely, others will just make it a crazy parallel universe and some are compatible (like certain mod missions, but they will break your careers).

It is what it is. I haven't tried your specific combination but I have been "around the block" a few times in terms of SH3 mods.

Here's what I'd do:
  • Uninstall SH3 and any and all mods.
  • Registry clean your machine.
  • Reboot
  • Re-install SH3 via steam
  • Zip that directory into a zip-archive
  • Uninstall SH3 via steam
  • Clean the registry
  • Reboot
  • Create
    Code:
    c:/games/
  • Create
    Code:
    c:/games/sh3-gwx-xyz
    and other directories for specific SH3 installation, create several if you want to try out incompatible mod combinations
  • unzip clean steam installs of SH3 into above sh3 directories from the zip you created from the clean steam install
  • Compile a list of super and minor mods you want to run
  • Research their compatibility to the best of yours and subsim's knowledge, dig out old threads if necessary, or ask in the respective (super)mod's thread
  • Once ready, download the mods
  • Unzip/Unrar them where applicable
  • Study their documentation
  • Install them in the order that makes most sense with respect to the researched information. SOME MODS REACT VERY SENSITIVELY TO ACTIVATION ORDER even if they are superficially compatible
  • Where applicable activate them with JGSME
  • Activate one mod at a time and check compatibility
  • Experiment with mods before you start a serious career
  • And don't play around with mods / patches once you're happy with your setup and in a serious campaign.

Good luck and hopefully someone with more GWX / ARB experience chimes in.
YellowFin is offline   Reply With Quote