View Single Post
Old 12-05-19, 05:14 PM   #3
Snorkel7
Swabbie

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0
Default Latest "beta" Update is Preview 9

B125 (Preview 9) is available on GOG.com.

I just downloaded this update (12/05/2019). It is another significant move forward for this promising sim. I started another "sandbox" career. The more I play this the more I am liking what I see.

I took down a freighter with one "warmed" T2 Torpedo and started to get greedy. I surfaced and started pounding away on another ship (the deck gun experience is pretty good) when all of a sudden shots were coming across my bow from quite a ways off. Patrol crept up on me due to being detected earlier by a merchant ship (I got to cozy on the surface in broad daylight). I crash dived and barley slipped away. I went down to 150 meters and could here them searching for me. This is very cool and tense stuff.

A few hours later when I surfaced I was strafed by an aircraft (must be a carrier in the area). I was fortunate enough to slip away again. This sim has so much potential.

A Critique: The one gripe I do have and I hope they address this: It has to do with the (fixed) external view of the sub in heavier sea state. The sub doesn`t look like it is moving through the chop like it should - in scale - but rather bobbing up and down in a bowl of jello on a bungee cord. It looks like the coordination with the physics model is out of sync or something I`m not really sure. It is not a game breaker but I hope they can fix this because everything else looks real good. On the other hand, the detached camera view ("N" key) does remedy this visual anomaly some what.

A Positive Note: I should also report on the problem I had with intermittent pauses (every 30-35 seconds) on the B124 Preview (Hotfix 2) version. Very irritating issue that killed immersion. Anyway, the issue went away after the (B125 Preview 9) update. Everything is nice and smooth now. This is good news.

Last edited by Snorkel7; 12-05-19 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Added Game Play Information
Snorkel7 is offline   Reply With Quote