View Single Post
Old 06-24-20, 03:23 PM   #10
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by THAbombaa View Post
Hi, thanks for the reply.
Indid read the entire thing and also tried the different things they wrote about in that thread to no avail.
My steam is installed on my C drive SSD, however i installed SH4 in a seperate folder on my D drive HDD.

I shouldn't be running out of RAM, as i can't see this thing taking up more than the 16 gigs of RAM i have in my rig, being a pretty dated game. This is of course unless it doesn't use more than the two. I tried LAA mod, but i hadn't heard of the 4 gig mod so ill try that next.

Again thanks. I've been scraping by thanks to the steam refunds ive been asking for multiple times now after trying to fix the game. Getting pretty tired of it and losing hope, guess some things arent meant to be huh
Steam charges you for every re-install? i ask because i have never purchased anything via Steam.
in any case, you need to install into a folder that is not under the standard Windows Program folders.
SH4 users typically create a folder off the root such as C:\Ubisoft\SH4 or D:\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 4.
i do not think that SSD or any other HD design makes a difference UNLESS you are using a drive system that is buffered. THAT has caused problems with SH4. let's assume that you are not using that.

your PC is not running out of RAM, the program (SH4) has limits to what it can use.
even though your system has 16 Gig ram, SH4 is designed to use 2 Gig.
if you employ one of the 4G tools, then the limit is raised from 2G to 4G. but that is its limit.
SH4 also has to compete with your operating system for all kinds of resources and you do NOT get to choose when, where, and how the OS will share. for example, when you see your system double-clutch during play. that could be SH4 but it could be Win10 performing some esoteric process that has nothing to do with SH4.
lastly, if you want to deploy any of the mega-mods such as RSRD, TMO, Dark Water, or FOTRSU, you must deploy one of the 4Gig tools.

i'll stop here. good luck!

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote