Thread: Shortages
View Single Post
Old 09-18-21, 09:58 AM   #25
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Just saying that you cannot just quickly pick a job on the fields and get along. Most people simply physically are not used to the physical stress of kneeling or bowing all the time, you need to get used to that and "hardened" in your muscles and backbone. I did it once during student times, and after just a very few days (althoigh I still trained at that time) my back was so stiff and I had so sever pains that I could not bow again, I had to quit, i was almost partially paralysed.

And during the early pandemic last year enthusiastic young people went to their farmers and offered their work to him, and very many had to quit early, too, until farmers stopped hiring native Germans, saying they had to see most of them go in the first week, exhausted and in pain, and needing to pay them full wage but getting only 40% of the work done that a trained worker from the East would have acchieved in that time. These jobs not only must be mechnaically learned, but you need to build the stamina and physical toughness to endure a day. Some can do it easily, for others it is very ard. Some can never really adapt.

Its not so much heavy lifting or such things, its this monotonous movement and especially the arched, stooped and crooked back. The pain can stab you in the backbone and hips like a dagger. If you are really bad off, you can almost not move for days.