View Single Post
Old 12-15-17, 01:25 AM   #52
Capt.Hunt
Loader

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik View Post
Hey, I have played a couple of days now and figured this would likely be the best thread for feedback. I have used the two highest difficulty settings.

When it comes to sub vs. sub combat I believe improvements such as shooting towards heard launch transients are on the way but what about surface vessels? They dont seem to ever avoid my torpedo attacks. I'm not sure what exactly they could do or what could be done game balance wise, in other games surface vessels use countermeasures and can try to outrun the torpedo, often with success, but in CW they just maneuver hard and get sunk. This makes the 1984 feel easy because all the ships I meet need just one torpedo and I can shoot very far. Surely this helplessness cannot be the case in real life?

Enemy subs are almost as helpless if only I get to shoot first but at least the helicopters make sub captain's life exiting.
In my experience, that's not really the case. Even on easy I had warships maneuvering and dropping countermeasures to evade torpedoes almost every time. That doesn't mean that they'll succeed, modern torpedoes like Mk48s are designed to defeat countermeasures and can outmaneuver most ships. Also, not all the ships in the game have sonar, unlike the movies, modern torpedoes don't leave a surface wake, so they really can suprise enemy shipping that's not listening for it.
Capt.Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote