Old 09-10-16, 08:39 PM   #33
Gray Lensman
Frogman

Downloads: 104
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
Did not know that one... Thanks

Seriously, though, to me, the weather model in this game is the only thing seriously flawed enough to ruin the gameplay. I'm hoping that's one of the things addressed in Webster/Rockin Robbins new mod.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
You know, that one wasn't even on the radar. But now it is!

<snip>
The actual weather graphic effects especially TMO's are quite OK, it's the weather duration timing that's the real problem, both directions, meaning it stays wind flat 0 way to long also, just as bad as pegged out 15 for game weeks.

Don't know if its possible but there needs to be a way of the weather generator algorithm or internal lookup charts to minimize the super long time maxing out. Doesn't matter if a maxed out effect suddenly turns the other way. That's somewhat realistic at the onset/trailing time of storms, but the only time a sub might have the possibility of the long term weather effects in game would be IF it was traveling in the same direction as the prevailing winds to/from it's base. I wouldn't even advocate for that in game either because it is the most boring part of the game traversing to/from the home base, no need to pester the gamer with a storm following him back from Japan to Midway

Member since February 2007

Wargaming since 1971 (1st game Avalon Hill's Stalingrad)

Hobby/Gaming Computng since 1977 (TRS-80) (adhoc programming & game modding ever since)
Gray Lensman is offline   Reply With Quote