View Single Post
Old 08-31-16, 01:46 AM   #1
JoeMun
Swabbie

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Issues with GWX 3.0 on Windows 10

Hello guys,

New to the forum here; my name is Joe. I've been playing SH3 for years now, and have also dabbled in SH2. I have encountered an issue with my laptop trying to run GWX 3.0 over a steam version of SH3. After successfully installing a vanilla game and then the mod, my game crashes for no reason. Doesn't matter if it is a single mission or campaign. The game will run extremely smoothly for a bit and then just crash for no reason.

I tried LSH3 as well, and while I do like it, GWX is just IMO better. I changed the compatibility settings for GWX SH3 to run on windows 7 (what you're supposed to do for LSH3) and that didn't do the trick. Again, it will load very fast and will play for a bit, but then I get the dreaded "GWX SH3 has stopped working" and it kicks me back to the desktop

What I'm getting at is that will i pretty much be out of luck with GWX 3.0 on my laptop? Is there any chance someone knows how to solve this problem? I sincerely appreciate anyone's help; this has been a frustrating problem and considering my laptop is a very new and quality model, I'm at a loss on why the game crashes. Thank you for your time.

Here are the specs:
MSI GE62 2QD Apache Pro
Intel Core i7
NVIDIA GTX960M graphics card
16GB RAM
JoeMun is offline   Reply With Quote