Old 01-19-21, 11:16 AM   #4
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

SHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by meijse3 View Post
Hey. Sorry if this is a silly novice question, but I read everywhere about using LAA and various other things, and tweaking compatibility mode etc in order to get SH4 running on Win 10. But I just bought and downloaded 1.5 (with Uboat missions DLC) from Steam and it 'seems' to work straight off in 2560x1440 (and, moreover, I certainly think it looks surprisingly beautiful enough to try for a bit without mods). So do I NEED to do anything like run LAA on the present Steam release, or will I only need to do such things once I start modding it? Any help appreciated here. Many thanks.

Oh. And is the very latest and 'most preferred' mod the FotRS mod? Cheers.
Ahoy, meijse...

As is, Win 10 only allots about 2 GB of your RAM to run it... LAA assigns the SH4.exe to utilize 4 GB instead, which is indeed helpful to do... LAA is relatively simple to use, 3 step process,

1. Point at where you have SH4 installed.

2. check the box to assign the .exe 4 GB (which iirc, it auto does that, though.. every so often it may miss doing so... rare, but it can happen..)

3. Click the accept & done...

Ez peasy, mac & cheezy... couldn't be simpler...

As for FotRS-U-EN, the latest version is 1.39, & is strongly suggested at this time to NOT run any other add on mods to it, other than Nippon Maru with it... & yes, it is... for those that wish to run with being a U.S. skipper during WW2.... which I have that, as well as a 2nd copy of SH4 modded out with Operation Monsun: Dark Waters... which is the Uboat side of things with SH4.

Hope this info helps...

M. M.