View Single Post
Old 03-26-07, 01:03 PM   #52
walsh2509
XO

Downloads: 18
Uploads: 0
Default New Sub ../ Medals !

Got a "new" Gato, only difference I see is that I was allowed to buy new and improved radars. Got both types now, is the crew bigger, my last gato was filled in all positions when I got the new one, I had to add 5 crew to fill her up. My 2 deck gunner spaces were empty and I had to put 3 in the engine room, I had to add a total of 5 new crew to fill her up. I never lost any crew to action or illness that I seen?

Medals, looking different from SH3 medals given out on total tonnage, SH4 patrol tonnage it would seem. I bagged 4 for about 20,000 and then another 3 for about 38,000. The last 3 being 2 9,000tn Passenger Carriers and a Huge Liner about 19,000tn ( the one on the 1st page of the merchant ship-rec-manual)

I had from my other patrols a Campaign Star , a Purple Heart and a Valour Medal. I got another Valour Medal from my last patrol making a total of ..

1 Campaign Star
1 Purple Heart
2 Valour Medals

I have sunk just about a total of 180,000tns in 4 partols. So I take it unlike SH3 where the total tonnage would get me higher ranking medals, SH4 just works on medal from each mission, not total ?

Do we ever get involved in the action , at the end of 1 misson the map comes up and is slowly turning red and I am told there is a Japanese Task Forse heading for Midway and I along with other commanders have to sink what we can of these ships and it draw a lines about Midway where we are to patrol. I click the mission map and get sent to Japan to drop off a spy. At the end of that one my last mission, I get the same map appearing and the voice over saying the Japanese are heading towards Australia and we need to take them on at Guadalcanal. And I and others have to form a ring round the area and take on the Japanese in support of other US forces. I hit the mission map and I get sent to Japan to take photos.

Why not the missions from the cut scenes ..?
walsh2509 is offline   Reply With Quote