Old 10-14-22, 03:02 AM   #185
Kapitän
The Old Man

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilbou View Post
Reinstalled SH4 + Uboat missions.

Until now played without manual targeting.

Well. It is not going well.

Stadimeter is not working. Crosshairs on a ship. Select one in the recognition manual, send to TDC. Then trying to use the stadimeter doesnt produce a mirror image to move for mast height.

I also get the missing eyes form the crew. Game is in version 1.5.0.0 so it's supposed to be "fixed" which is not.

Cruising back to base to remove that stupid manual targeting crap.

So, I'm using Manual targeting now (Version 1.4.1) and have to admit, that I have a similar experience but a bit for a different reason:

I just find it wayyy to tedious having to use all of these different contraptions trying to get a torpedo shot off - albeit, I also would like to figure out how to create the mirror image to establish the mast height.

Since I haven't, I feed the TVR with the speed derived from using the Nomograph and the distance from mere measurement via the Map view F5. Seems to work just as well.

I figure, either way, I need to have the periscope up, which will become increasingly difficult during late war times (I'm in early 1943 now), and blind shots using FAT torpedoes and T-5s, will become the normal way of attacking.

The real challenge will be, trying to stay alive ...