View Single Post
Old 03-22-21, 04:05 PM   #4
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktungbby View Post
Is it possible to be where the USS Ward sank the first Japanese mini sub and gave the warning that was not followed up? < the gun that done it! now in St Paul MN! < the shell hole in the conning tower of the 2-man crewed minisub...methinks the commander, presumably at his periscope, did/could not have survived the impact.

Yes, it is possible to be there and witness/participate, they spawn at proper dates and times, because things are dynamic, sometimes can be off a minute or two and sometimes things unfold a little differently but in general, it plays out according to history. Warning shot wise, rarely does the first shot hit, so can call that a warning shot. I do wish friendly DD's would depth charge submerged submarine but they do not so limited to gunfire. PBY'
s will certainly drop depth charges on them though. I included a flash traffic message that player will receive at 0700 that Ward reported firing on and sinking enemy submarine in the defensive sea area. Message was sent t 0651, figured time it would take to be passed along so it shows up at 0700.

Excellent photos. Amazing they saved that gun. Yes, I doubt the commander in the sub survived that hit, miracle if he did. The story of Ensign Kazuo Sakamaki(HA-19 commander is quite interesting)
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote