View Single Post
Old 04-20-19, 05:37 PM   #5
Sniper297
The Old Man

Downloads: 160
Uploads: 19

Worst trouble with me trying to help is I have the 1.4 version, I tried 1.5 and it crashed more often than 1.4 on my system. That said, with Yankee Doodle subs the data is in the \Data\UPCData folder and subfolders, and all the .upc files can be edited in notepad. Trouble is there are several inter related files involved, for example I can change the Flotillas.upc file;

[Flotilla 2.UserPlayerUnitType 7]
ID= F2Gato
NameDisplayable= Gato class
AvailabilityInterval= NULL, NULL
IDLinkUserPlayerUnitType= Gato
UnitTypeCommonality= 10
IDFlotillaLinkTransferTo= NULL

So the GATO is available before 1943, then the CareerStart.upc file;

[CareerStart 1.Flotilla 2]
ID= C1Flotilla2
NameDisplayable= Manila
IDLinkFlotilla= FremantleCommand
IDLinkUserPlayerUnits= F2Sboat, 6, F2Porpoise, 7, F2Salmon, 6, F2Sargo, 11, F1Gato, 5
FlotillaBriefingText=
FlotillaCommonality= 2 ; to be used when a random choice is assigned

So the GATO is available in the Asiatic campaign at the start of the war. At the moment it keeps crashing, so there's another file somewhere I'm missing.

The German boats are probably somewhere else, but the trick will be to synchronize all the different files including upgrade packs to make it work.

Been a long time, but I have my SARGO set up for late war conning tower with SD and SJ-1 radar plus two 40mm BOFORS in 1941. As I recall it took a few weeks of hacking, crashing, restoring backup files and hacking again until I got a stable mod. If it was easy everyone would be doing it, so back up whatever folder the German subs use and keep trying. When the ATO mod is installed one trick to finding which files are affected is use the Windows search "when was it modified" and specify dates after 2010.
Sniper297 is offline   Reply With Quote