View Single Post
Old 08-25-09, 02:49 PM   #6
karamazovnew
The Old Man

Downloads: 151
Uploads: 0

Hey there OLC, always a pleasure to talk to THE interface guru.
I did try to use fixed zoom levels for the UZO and the Binoculars (I mean zoom level 1x, and adjusted Angular Distance). They worked of course, and the waves really made a difference, just as in your release. However, the mouse rotation speed made them almost unusable. So I had to abandon them. If there is a way to reduce mouse sensitivity I wouldn't mind trying again. Fixed zoom level on the periscopes was not an issue for me, the AOB wheel is designed for 6X zoom anyway, but that would also bring the game's lens lines into the view. And I can't have that, I guess you understand why.

Oh, some important questions, in SH3, is it possible to attach a command to a clickable item? Let's say I'd like to make a "Periscope Depth" button on the Periscope screen. The commands_cfg file only links to items in the Layout Page. SH4 seems to ignore even that.

Also, I can't add dials to other pages, like the Nav Map and the Hydrophone view. I really wanted to include a static chrono in those views. I've done all the proper steps, but they don't move. Does the dials.cfg file ignore items in those pages through coding?
karamazovnew is offline   Reply With Quote