View Single Post
Old 06-11-16, 08:17 AM   #160
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrsubron7 View Post
That's why I turned it into a Photo Recon.

As for a cursory glance at the audio, the "Submarine_CrashDive_Init.wav file most likely isn't the culprit, unless it is a "length" thing, because the "stock" version is used in FotRS v2, from what I can tell... I do like that version in the TMO-RSRDC-OTC sound mod, and that does sound like the bell, maybe. Fourteen seconds long, versus the two seconds of "stock"... I guess I'll go back to trying to find something in the config files for what "calls" audio or restores it after TC 32x and above is used...

---------------------------------------
Edit: Notice, just preliminary findings, but using the "Ralles SoundPack for TMO_RSRDC_OTC" mod in place of the FotRS v2 sounds, two Single Mission files now, going to 300+ depth and return, TC 32x plus, up to 264x, and back to 1x, no "The Sound"... Like I say, "preliminary". I'm *really* curious now, other than the "CrashDive" file, what's different between the two mods' files? Maybe I'll cut me a few seconds off of the crash dive sound in v2 and see what it sounds like, if I get "The Sound". More testing definitely called for, and - much as I dislike the task - try to re-create "The Sound"...

One of the things about several of these sound mods, is that while the explosions are super-cool sounding, they don't last long enough, and/or cut-off too soon, without a "fade-out" curve to ease your ears back into the relative "quiet" of the sub "ambiance", if you will. In other words, you hear the "hiss" of the sound file's background, then it's cut-off and gone. I might experiment with that too...

Last edited by propbeanie; 06-11-16 at 09:39 AM. Reason: Addition of preliminary sound testing comments
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote