Thread: [REL] FOTRS Ultimate Project
View Single Post
Old 06-10-16, 08:02 PM   #152
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

I *think* I'm making some headway with the sound issue... maybe. Looking in the "stock" versions, whether 1.4 or 1.5, the sounds that I've looked into thus far have all been 44.1kHz, 16-bit files, whether in mono or stereo. Some of the sounds of the "outside" world are in stereo, as are the "creak" sounds. When I look at some of the files in FotRS - 1.2, 1.3, & 2.0 - they are a mix of 3 different sample rates, whether 14k, 22k or 44.1k. All have been 16-bit thus far. For the most part, Windows doesn't care about this, but some set-ups do. Anyone who gets "The Sound" while playing, if you could try to find out what the audio plays over in your computer, whether a "professional" card, a SoundBlaster, onboard, whatever, please mention that. I've uploaded an mp4 (yes, movie file) to Photobucket, since I didn't want to mess with MediaFire and others of that ilk (tho photobucket has gotten weird the last few years), and I can't figure out how to either upload or share with the FOTRS Ultimate Google Drive page. "See" the link below:

The Sound (mp4 file)

Don't click on anything on their site. Trash. You might also get a strange pop-up that goes "through" my "Popup Stopper"... There's several pauses in the file, as I do TC to see if it would go away... not a chance. You can click around and explore in there, if you're familiar with Photobucket. Some of the other screen grabs are in a couple other folders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins View Post
Okay third night same problem. I uploaded Gaggle to Haggle With.7z to the WIP folder and I'd appreciate it if someone could check it out and let me know where I've screwed up. Yikes! It's the simplest possible mission.......
I'm posting while you are, but "yes", I just downloaded it... Is it supposed to work though?... :wink:

Edit Again: It doesn't show up in the Single Mission list, though it looks like everything copied over just fine with your rar...

Edit Again again...: Folder name versus mis file name... Remove the "Rockin Robbins" part from the folder name, as much as you might like that moniker... Else, add it to the mis file and tsr file names... ?? 'Course, I still can't find the convoy, so I don't know if any of the times/dates matter the way they are, or I'm just goofy and losing it (don't answer that)? How 'bout the Tactical Properties?

I was gong to mention something else, but my brain is mush (not the Morton variety) from all the digging I've done today... and I seem to have misplaced the thought. Maybe tomorrow...

Edit #4: Wow! {Günther Hessler - Sounds borrowed from his "ultimate sound" mod pack} and {AOTD|Rhonen - New Sinking Mechanics}, both listed in the ReadMe for FotRS... Back to the "Search" one more time...

Last edited by propbeanie; 06-10-16 at 09:16 PM. Reason: RR post reply
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote