View Single Post
Old 05-31-16, 08:18 AM   #64
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Dave View Post
I only use the SEA, SUBMARINE and UPC Data folders of ISP. No SCENE.dat or CFG.
That's exactly what I envision. I need plugin modules to do just the one thing they say they do, not be an octopus that changes all aspects of the game. We'll be asking mod authors permisson for each mod that we seek to change to comply.

Our vision is to put control in the players' hands to play FOTRS Ultimate the way THEY want to, not the way we force them to do.

Team, please welcome Neal Stevens aboard as observer. I have invited Florida Sailor to work on AI modules. I'd like a stock module, a TMOwTw level module, a TMO difficulty module and a super-difficult AI module that players can plug in when desired, even in the middle of a campaign! We're going to put his TMO with Training Wheels mod on steroids here with some serious player control of how difficult the enemy in this game is.

I'll be asking TorpX permission to dissect ISP to only extract the section on ship acceleration for use as a plugin module for FOTRS Ultimate. I'll be asking CapnScurvy for permission to extract his periscope and binocular corrections only from OTC for the same use. I'd like to see if he can make a perfect recognition manual for FOTRS Ultimate with all corrections used in OTC, also.

The core of FORTS Ultimate will be as pure Maddy as we can possibly make it. The plug-in modules will be as varied and plentiful as we can make them with each plug-in having a single selectable effect on gameplay so the player is the one with the power to shape his own game.

Last edited by Rockin Robbins; 05-31-16 at 08:29 AM.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote