View Single Post
Old 02-18-15, 06:23 PM   #32
nsomnia
Weps

Downloads: 44
Uploads: 0

That's one of my secondary channels. Actually its my smallest channel but surprisingly generates the most income/video of anything. People love to watch gaming videos.

Thats the problem with indie games. A 1 man team means it will take years to develop a game (WotA), a 2 man team means it will take a couple years to develop a game (Stranded Deep, Besiege). A 10 man team can actually produce games yearly and make profits to life comfortably from (Euro truck simulator 1/2 (used inhouse engine), farming simulator 13/14 (used inhouse engine), spintires, goat simulator, kerbal space program are all great examples of graet games made by a small team by industry standards, but large by indie standards.).

I learn fast and im basically just trying to remember what I forgot. (Before I took time off from Unity to build up my web income I could actually code what I wanted more or less as long as it wasnt something new to the indie world (aka a sub sim)).

But then I run into the problem of finding someone intrested in subs with coding experience (and preferably other experience), that can work as a team, and unpaid until the game sells. Good luck... Thats why theres thousunds upon thousands of Unity Pro licenses sold and hundreds of thousands of free users but only a handful of solid games, and a chunk of mobile games).

I'm really starting to think bout switching to C++ and UE4.

Either way. I love 3D modelling and always will (at the VERY least we are getting a USS Nautilus Simulator this summer, even if it means no camera of outside the sub, no periscopes, and no map (and no water for that matter)) and love coding (just need more practice and skills) and always will and estimate 2 years of unlimited, no job, no wife etc. free time. So I will complete this one way or another. Just not on the timeframe I initally envisioned.

It seems survival/procedural and crafting games are the in-thing right now. Make a good story (the forest and stranded deep have no story) to go with basic crafting and exploring logic and you've got a winner. I just love my subs too much.

Last edited by nsomnia; 02-19-15 at 01:19 AM.
nsomnia is offline   Reply With Quote