View Single Post
Old 02-01-15, 04:17 PM   #357
Jeff-Groves
Village Idiot

Downloads: 130
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCIP View Post
Yeah, that's a known problem - and a tough problem, sadly. Back when SH5 came out, there was a bit of an effort to start up a modding wiki for it to share that knowledge, but the problem was that it needed someone to lead the project, curate it, and constantly bug modders to contribute. And in turn, modders often have to learn how to document their knowledge - that's kind of a whole skill set in itself. I didn't have time then for such a commitment unfortunately (and I still don't), and now that boat has sailed so to speak. It's a lot of effort to maintain something like that. What I hope is that next time we get a major naval combat title, we'll have the right resources and right people in place to support it!
Several problems with the search engine here at Subsim makes it very hard to find all the info one could want.
Search for [Tec] once and you'll see.
Now given I may not know exactly how to ask a question, searching just threads tagged like that would be gold.
Now tags were started with the SH4 forums if I recall right. That means there's tons of info in the SH3 threads not tagged like that.
In that case you'd need to know the name of the modder that did close to what you want to do and search for his posts.
Just be ready to see Hex information and not S3D information.