View Single Post
Old 01-29-15, 01:48 PM   #351
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knipper View Post
I've just reloaded SHIII after an absence of three years and which mods did I load? GWX of course. I haven't bothered looking at the rest (despite having a hardly-used copy of SH5 and acknowledging the talent that's in this forum) because I know it could never get better than what the GWX guys turned this sim into. Thank you guys. SINK 'EM ALL!
High praise indeed and much appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral Halsey View Post
You know I've wanted to know something. If you knew how bad SH5 would be(at first as since then mods make it playable finally) would you guys still have split up or would you have finished the GWX4 project?
A good question and not one easily answered but on a personal note I remember talking to my friend Dan Dimitrescu (Ubisoft SH5 Dev) at Neals house during the SubSim Meet in 2008 and whilst he was limited in what he could discuss I don't believe anyone was prepared for what state the game would be in at time of release.

That is not meant as a slur toward Dan or any of his colleagues because we all know 'he who pays the piper calls the tune' and that is what I believed happened where Ubisoft was concerned. I'm confident Dan would and could have produced something far better had they been given the time and the resources.

One or two of the Grey Wolves were about to leave for personal reasons (unbeknown to the rest of the team at the time) and once that happened and upon seeing SH5 released in the state it was in I doubt the GWX4 project would have been taken forward.

Personally speaking, I was disappointed at what the community were served and wish we could have stayed together as a team and taken the game forward but I remain conscious of the fact that Ubisoft were gracious enough not to object to the work of the team, some might say because it helped sales of the original release which was obviously needed in order to get the mod to work.

All the above is my personal viewpoint/opinion.

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote