Downloads: 527
Uploads: 5

New career with FORTSU 1.26p

December 9, 1941
USS Sculpin (Sargo Class)
Cavite Naval Base, Philipines
LCDR Ryan Reynolds
Patrol 1

We departed Cavite yesterday. We recieved news of the attack on Pearl Harbor and I was immeadiately called into the admiral's office where he gave me my orders for my patrol: Reconnoiter the "Blind Bombing Area" area for 10 non-continous days, sink ships at my discretion.
The Astatic fleet certainly will not hold up well in the face of an invasion. We are the neglected brother of the Pacific Fleet based in Pearl. We have nothing that could be matched or superior to what they have. We have always been a second priority, Washington sends us old and crappy equipment that breaks half the time.
My boat, the USS Sculpin, which had just completed a simulated war patrol with the S-27 only 3 days ago was set to leave on the 8th. The dock crew miraculously got her ready in time for the departure of our first patrol.

Currently, we are only 100 or so miles NW of Cavite at this time. I will write back later with another log.

I'm not very active on the forums anymore. If you have a question, please DM me and I'll respond ASAP!
Texas Red is offline   Reply With Quote