View Single Post
Old 12-04-19, 01:54 PM   #2
Fifi
Navy Seal

Downloads: 456
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krieg Francis View Post
Just to say, I am complete trash at manual targeting, but it seems like I am having a harder time with KiUB mod (Currently using Operation Monsun + OMEGU + Fifi's Compilation).

Despite all my attempts, it seems like I always end up overshooting or missing the target ship completely. I have also noticed that KiUB doesn't keep the lock in 90% of cases, it stays on target for let's say 5 seconds and then unlocks, having me to re-locate the scope and starting the measurement I couldn't complete.

Is there a quick n simple guide (I already have the PDF) for KiUB and overall manual targeting?

Thanks in advance and happy hunting!
First of all, at what distance you fire torpedoes?

Then it seems i don’t have this locking problem you have...but have to say, in 99% of times i never lock any target (in RL they couldn’t lock anything with periscope)
Keep in mind when target is too far away, you can lock it but not for long! You have to wait target is closer so the locking stay locked!

To summarize, the first important value for a torp solution is SPEED.
You can use the U-Jagd (i very rarely miss a speed value with it) or the AOBF ring when the ship is identified and you have his length.
To use the AOBF you’ll have to read Lurker documentation, it’s not that difficult to learn the use.
Then second important value is AOB. I think you can calculate it with the AOBF, but I’ve never did it...i always estimate by visual. As i try to get in most cases a 90° angle, i wait for the target to be almost at my 80° before i enter the right value.
Even easier if you are at 90° Of target path, you set a 90 AOB when your periscope bearing is at zero, and you move the periscope till you find your target...it will give you the AOB!
Third value is DISTANCE, but it’s not really important (except for very long shots)
Sometimes i even never enter any distance value. Distance value is important for estimated impact...

All in all, i almost never miss anything (except with duds) as far as the SPEED value is correct
Remember you have to be no more than 2 knots (best is 0) to calculate target speed! (Even with U-Jagd)

Fifi is offline   Reply With Quote