View Single Post
Old 11-06-17, 10:01 AM   #19
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

I see that Classic Shell also is avialabole for Windows 7. I wonder why? Isn't it emulating the looks of Windows 7 anyway?

What I would want, once the thing arrives next week, is the option to have shortcuts to the exes of my games on desktop, and a background slideshow of my liking/screenshots, like one used to have in W7. That, and system and option access a la Windows 7 style.

Since I will only launch games, telemetry is not that much my concern, I will reduce and supress it as much as possible and switch Cortana off, of course, and then will not mind for the remaining almost 2000 variables that Windows nevertheless phones home, even with all privacy options activated. Since nothing else will be stored on this rig and no other activity will take place on it, they cnanot violate my privacy more than to find out what games I have played and the password to my Steam account, thats all.

Actually I am a bit more worried about learnign to find what I need and want to tune in Windows 10, some things will be handled differently than in W7, I expect. I have become a lazy dog, learning new things no longer is to my liking.

Looking forward to VR, however. I have waited and did not embark on the early development kits, but with Oculus now being affordable (450 Euro in Germany with both handles), I think I have waited long enough. Now I want to see with my own eyes!

P.S. Am I the only one with a strong antipathy against these talking, voice-sensible "personal assistants"? I hate the mere idea of it, and what they show of it in TV commercials, Google and who else offers them, I find simply - ridiculous. They celebrate it as if it were the finally discovered meaning of life. To me, it simply is - ridiculous. Unneeded. Unnerving. Gimme a mouse anytime. Mouse rules. Babbletoys are like one of these gifts you may get on your birthday, and you unpack it, see what it is and you ask yourself silently "Why me?"