View Single Post
Old 04-21-20, 08:22 AM   #32
Plesski
Swabbie

Downloads: 28
Uploads: 0

Well I'm really glad I found this topic cause I need a theraphy. Modding SH3 for a new one to this game is a game for itself and it's a game that requaries you to be a hardcore gamer.

First of all (and it may be a source of all problems) I run a steam version of the game.

And it runs fine in 1024x768 window. And first thing you have to defeat is "constant pause" problem. But I have done it, I've edited main.fg file.

When I copy the whole SH3 folder into my main directory (D:\SilentHunter3) and I try to run sh3.exe it won't go. I get Steam Error Application load error and lot of numbers.

So I install GWX 3 over my copied SH3 and after install is complete I don't activate any mods in mods catalogue. The game still won't run with the same steam error.

Then I install SH3 Commander - the game won't run yet.

Then I copy into mods folder all the mods from Wolfpack345 list.

Firstly I install 4GB patch over sh3.exe. It patches but the game won't run - same steam error. It won't run even after instaling ARB WideGui 1920x1080 .

Then there comes time for HSIE. It won't patch if you patched 4GB earlier. So I copy unpatched sh3.exe from my steam library. I run .bat file and Hsie selector and sh3.exe is propellery patched. Then I install it with jgsme with other files in whole "Suplement" folder.

The game runs for the first time but in 1024x768 window and parts of the menus are unaccesable.

So I edit both main.cfg files (in game folder and in docs folder) to make game run in fullscreen mode. And it does, but... the map is divided in half and it's a mess.

So it is finally time for Tycho patch. And it patches after running .bat file (not the remove one I was trying to work really hard for a long time).

AND IT WORKS!!!!!!

Really guys, thanks for all 15 years of your hard work, constant forum post and your care and patience. Don't worry Google has it all and answers to even most bizare questions.

For all having problems with game patching - read carefully all the readme file attached to the mods. Most of the info is there.

Sorry for my rambling but I had to vent. It took me at least two weeks to get things working.

Now time to get me some beer .

Plesski.
Plesski is offline   Reply With Quote