Old 04-10-23, 10:35 PM   #2
Cyborg322
Scurvy Dog of the Deep

Downloads: 363
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganlhi View Post
Hello there!

I am often very frustrated about finding targets within patrol zones. Usually I randomly encounter several ships on the way to the patrol zone, or when coming back to port, but once on the patrol zone it is very common that I don't see/hear anyone for several days in a row (at least during the time I am supposed to patrol according to my orders).

What I usually do is setting up a zigzag pattern within the zone, and do a hydrophone survey at 30m, engines stopped, every 2 hours.

Am I doing something wrong or just being very unlucky?

EDIT: I am playing TWOS, by the way.
Hi ahoy Capt Ganlhi

1st mark out area it was radius 100km from memory its been a while since last played (may be 200 someone can correct me on that)

You stand a much better chance of detecting with hydrophone its range is considerably higher than the odds of visual sighting so stay submerged longer

Avoid too high TC its easy for a convoy to go sailing past even at really close range

Sometimes it does take a long time to get a contact it can get a bit frustrating , all you can do is maximise the odds with the aforementioned

There is also the intercept timing but I can't remember the exact details, again some will come along and help with that too I'm sure, RE the zig zag pattern, method is fine

Simon