View Single Post
Old 04-25-19, 02:56 PM   #15
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by derstosstrupp View Post
Stand by on this, I’ve been making changes to the Excel file. I’ve added a tab that computes attack course and shoot bearing for angled shots using no TDC, which is consistent with the no-TDC angled shot procedures in the U-boat Commander’s Handbook (paragraphs 148-170). Beware though as the English translation of that handbook section is atrocious. I still need to update tutorial and instructions and test more.

As for standard profiles, ideal solution with TDC would have been (I’ll add to tutorial):
1. Range < 1 km
2. Impact angle as close to 90 as possible
3. Gyro angle as close to 0 as possible (to mitigate impact of parallax due to range errors especially at close range)

For no-TDC shots the handbook only addresses 45 deg and 90 deg angled shots, as well as the pure bow/stern straight shot, but it recommends a near-90 deg AOB at the shoot bearing regardless of method.

I made YouTube videos of constant bearing and bearing change methods a while back (search Ausdampfverfahren and Auswanderungsverfahren), But That was simply using those methods To compute Gyro angle, before I understood the utility of those methods for finding target speed, which is way more practical. I have installed open broadcaster, so my intent is to make videos in Wolfpack Preferably with a crew to demonstrate the methods in my tutorial once I figure out how to do it (the videos, not the method )

Looking fwd to seeing this