View Single Post
Old 04-24-19, 11:16 PM   #11
derstosstrupp
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 489
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphaba View Post
After briefly skimming through your revised document, would it be possible to expand upon some of the TDC and attack profiles that are or were used in the war?
Stand by on this, I’ve been making changes to the Excel file. I’ve added a tab that computes attack course and shoot bearing for angled shots using no TDC, which is consistent with the no-TDC angled shot procedures in the U-boat Commander’s Handbook (paragraphs 148-170). Beware though as the English translation of that handbook section is atrocious. I still need to update tutorial and instructions and test more.

As for standard profiles, ideal solution with TDC would have been (I’ll add to tutorial):
1. Range < 1 km
2. Impact angle as close to 90 as possible
3. Gyro angle as close to 0 as possible (to mitigate impact of parallax due to range errors especially at close range)

For no-TDC shots the handbook only addresses 45 deg and 90 deg angled shots, as well as the pure bow/stern straight shot, but it recommends a near-90 deg AOB at the shoot bearing regardless of method.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphaba View Post
What’s of the SH3 TBC and attack tactics videos would you recommend considering you recommended them in your article? And are they so different from Wolfpack that they would be hard to adapt?
I made YouTube videos of constant bearing and bearing change methods a while back (search Ausdampfverfahren and Auswanderungsverfahren), But That was simply using those methods To compute Gyro angle, before I understood the utility of those methods for finding target speed, which is way more practical. I have installed open broadcaster, so my intent is to make videos in Wolfpack Preferably with a crew to demonstrate the methods in my tutorial once I figure out how to do it (the videos, not the method )

One-Stop Targeting Shop:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...WwBt-1vjW28JbO
My YT Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIJ...9FXbD3S2kgwdPQ

Last edited by derstosstrupp; 04-24-19 at 11:31 PM.
derstosstrupp is offline   Reply With Quote