View Single Post
Old 07-14-22, 09:23 AM   #7
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 490
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny_bass26 View Post
OK, found the range tab...right where you said it would be, not sure how I missed that ����‍♂️ made the relevant alteration, started a new career and - no change.

Aaaargh, etc. I feel like I'm *really* close, but I'm obviously missing that one last tweak. Any ideas? I'm using GWX 3.0 with SH3Commander, and I made sure to rollback SH3Commander before making my change as I know that can have an impact, but no dice. When I open the file using Silent3ditor, it's registering the change, so it seems to have saved properly...but, like I said, it's not registering in-game. At the very least, the T III description (in the torpedo loadout screen) is still showing "range 5km". Unless of course the game engine respects the change without needing the description to match...which seems unlikely. Any further advice gratefully received, as before; I do very much appreciate your help and patience to this point, so thank you both :-)

The change won't register in the load out screen unless you alter the relevant file. That goes for any change S3D does to any file; it doesn't access those type of files (txt, cfg, etc.) I can't remember which file that is but its a simple text edit. Someone else will tell you what file to change.
You can be assured that the changes you made to the torpedo file are present. They would only change if you were to overwrite that file via another mod applied.
So keep that in mind if you want to keep the new ranges.