View Single Post
Old 06-17-16, 03:37 PM   #6
Cpt-Maxim
Electrician's Mate

Downloads: 62
Uploads: 0

One common saying is computer / video cards / are like dog years.. A dog gets 7 years older for every birthday you have in real time.

General info.. this game is designed in the Unity3D engine - I believe it is the latest version, but your video card is 6 years old apparently.. I am running a Nvidia660Ti - on dual core CPU E8400@3.0Ghz and 8Gig RAM with Windows 7 Ultimate ..on Asus P5QC motherboard, not seeing anything seriously wrong..

My video -
Quote:
The GeForce 600 Series is a family of graphics processing units developed by Nvidia, used in desktop and laptop PCs. It serves as the introduction for the Kepler architecture (GK-codenamed chips), named after the German mathematician, astronomer, and astrologer Johannes Kepler. GeForce 600 series cards were first released in 2012.

Where the goal of the previous architecture, Fermi, was to increase raw performance (particularly for compute and tessellation), Nvidia's goal with the Kepler architecture was to increase performance per watt, while still striving for overall performance increases.[4] The primary way Nvidia achieved this goal was through the use of a unified clock. By abandoning the shader clock found in their previous GPU designs, efficiency is increased, even though it requires more cores to achieve similar levels of performance. This is not only because the cores are more power efficient (two Kepler cores using about 90% of the power of one Fermi core, according to Nvidia's numbers), but also because the reduction in clock speed delivers a 50% reduction in power consumption in that area.[5]
Your video card?
Quote:
The GeForce 400 Series is the 11th generation of Nvidia's GeForce graphics processing units, which serves as the introduction for theFermi (microarchitecture) (GF-codenamed chips), named after the Italian physicist Enrico Fermi. The series was originally slated for production in November 2009,[1] but, after a number of delays, launched on March 26, 2010 with availability following in April 2010
One major difference between our cards is marked in red, where your Fermi architexture was outdated by time they released my card two years after, and my card is now approx. 4 years old.

Have you ever run www.3dmark.com benchmarks on it?

It appears to be SLI ready meaning you could run two video cards if the motherboard supports it. You said "Gigabyte" - have the model number also? You may want to double your video card, or consider other more complete upgrades.

You may find me on one of these teamspeak servers:
Subsim.com - subsim.teamspeak3.com
WWII Battleground Europe, Allied, - ts.wwiionline.com:9988
Elite Dangerous, Gamers Cove - 82.21.87.49
Cpt-Maxim is offline   Reply With Quote