View Single Post
Old 04-29-08, 08:12 PM   #10
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by icecold
I did clean reainstall as directed and played the game on stock graphics settings (thats no adjusted resolution, special effects ect) and it worked fine. Then i put them to how they should/were and it sarted doing it again...
You're going to have to define "it". Transluscent crew is a universal side effect of environmental effects in the game options screen. Uncheck that option and the crew will assume normal opaque behavior. You will also lose fog effects but most don't miss that.

The no-eyes is a combination between the 8800 series card and the cursed Windows Vista thank God I built my computer with Windows XP Media Edition. Best decision I've made in 10 years. Some have temporarily fixed that by alt-tabbing to the desktop and returning. Others figure if they have a crew with no eyes the enemy won't be able to see them and count it a feature.

Screen of death was a conflict, which is gone now with your clean install.

I've seen people claim the men on deck thing is a result of saving underwater. I've seen it myself only occasionally. Frankly, I ignore it if it happens, which isn't too often. I'd try the alt-tab to desktop trick and if that doesn't work, saving on the surface and reloading the game. The only thing I can personally confirm is that the problem comes and goes.

German voices I told you about.

Better effects are a choice of Kriller2's Pacific Environment (new version is ultimate!) and I just had a memory CTD. The other one is in the mods section and well worth your time.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote