View Single Post
Old 05-16-21, 11:46 AM   #9
John Pancoast
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 490
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowssapma View Post
Just wanted to make a thread regarding what your expectations are when you see a convoy. I am getting better, but still don't have the hang of it. So, right now I'm in a Type VIIB and let's say I encounter a convoy of 10-12 ships. I look for the biggest and juiciest target and fire tubes 1 and 2. I will then look for smaller targets and fire tube 3 to one, and 4 on the other. If I get REAL lucky and something is behind me, tube 5 will be fired. Expectations on this are usually 1 to 2 ships. Destroyers will then keep me at bay for quite a while, so any additional shots are not happening. The convoy will be long gone before I can put my head up again, so no more attacks. So how's your luck given this scenario?
If desired, it is easy to regain contact with a convoy. Simply note the time you lost contact to the current time and then using their speed and course, plot where they should be and go there.
I.e., if it's been two hours since you lost the convoy, they're heading 270 degrees at 6 knots means they'll be approx. 22 km away. Plot a course to go after them.
Also, night surface attacks are easy to do in the game from outside the convoy, as are day submerged either inside or outside.